Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekend retail therapy

I am on hunt for some good decor items for the house.. Most of the items I have are small and cute.. Now that there is a baby on its way in few months..I want to decorate the house with big , bit heavier items which won't come in small ones hands. Also they should be made of sturdy material like wood instead of easily breakable material like ceramic or unsafe like glass..So this weekend we went shopping ..


We went shopping to a lovely place in Singapore - Dempsey hill. Dempsey Hill is a lush green area with a resort-like ambience. This relaxed and laid back place has old world charm and real-world comforts. The area has lots of restaurants, cafes,furniture shops which have exotic collection of  original, rustic and colonial furniture, antiques and accessories from all over Asia. 


Sharing with you some pictures I took..loved this door handle in the shape of Bodhi tree leaf..


One of the shops had a wonderful collection of Buddha statues.. 


I am totally hooked on these two ladies.. I really wanted to buy them but I saw no one in the shop ..will have to make another trip just for them :) 


One more shop had lot of intricate wood carvings, Ganesha and Buddha statues..I will share with you what I bought from these shops soon..I just wish I had shopped more:))


This Plumeria or Frangipani tree near the parking was a stunner.. picked up some flowers which had fallen down.. I love the smell of these flowers...


will share the pics of the items I shopped soon...

Have a lovely week ahead!!!!



           

4 comments:

notyet100 said...

This place looks so cool,...

Reshma at colorcanopy.blogspot.com said...

Aha! Would love to come back and see the finds!

Nayana said...

I love those ladies too...go again and buy'em.

Emreen said...

Beautiful pictures Purnima... I love the ladies.. the buddha statues.. !!

ShareThis